Why Choose Us
Out of school clubs form part of the Government’s extended schools agenda, and include after-school clubs, breakfast clubs and holiday clubs or playschemes. Extended School is designed to help Parents and Carers balance work and family commitments, whilst providing children with study support, and offering them a broader range of experiences and interests.
Our Clubs are Ofsted Registered so you can be sure our care meets the highest standards, along with allowing parents to choose to pay with childcare vouchers if they wish. You will find over 90% of our team are Mums, Dads, or Grandparents themselves which bring with it a level of experience that cannot be taught, and we are continually working towards 100% of our team having Paediatric First Aid, Food Hygiene and recognised Childcare Qualifications. We all work as one big family and our Staff turnover is almost non-existent, ensuring your child has a stable, friendly, loving environment when at one of our Clubs.
From our most recent Ofsted Inspections, in which we were rated ‘good’, some key points that were highlighted were:
“Children are confident and comfortable in this nurturing and welcoming environment”.
“Leaders, managers and staff have a clear vision for their club. They work well together and are dedicated to providing a high-quality service for children and their families”.
“Parents are delighted with the care their children receive. They are very complimentary about the staff and comment that staff are always smiling and willing to go over and above for the children”.
“Staff are good role models. They are friendly and playful in their interactions with each other and the children”.
“Children develop close attachments to the enthusiastic and caring staff. Staff promote children’s self-esteem effectively in many ways”.
“Staff follow robust procedures for collecting children from the school. They keep each other informed when children go home or arrive at the club from school activities. This helps to ensure that children are safe and accounted for at all times”.
Below you can see our values and principles for our Clubs, and how we approach implementing them effectively:
- We have a family tree in each club where each child will draw a self-portrait and attach a handprint as leaves.
- We also ask the children to develop their own club rules which are displayed on a washing line.
- We have also recently introduced a basic meditation session to reflect on the week and look forward to the weekend ahead.
- We complete learning journeys for any EYFS children, and we will support any extra interventions if required with your SEND team.
- We do like to know if the children have individual targets for home learning we can encourage with, however, all we want to do is support the school in any way you want us to.
For all the latest news from our Clubs, please check out our Facebook Page for all updates and Newsletters from Dainty Little Hands: https://www.facebook.com/daintylittlehands